Wrestling Boots

Information and discussion for the monkey folk!
Mikey

Wrestling Boots

Post by Mikey » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:28 pm

I have had some passengers ask about where to get wrestling boots. I checked with the coach of the Men's National team, and he suggested that they get all of their equipment from http://www.aktionsports.on.ca/ ... Usual disclaimer, I'm not connected in any way with Aktion Sports, etc. but feel free to check it out.

See you all at the AGM
Mikey

Ian MacRae

Post by Ian MacRae » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:22 pm

Thanks Mikey. I have orderd a beautiful pair of Adidas for next season. Great price, CDN cash. Sweet!!. :D
'lil dewd

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:34 am

Ian MacRae wrote:Thanks Mikey. I have orderd a beautiful pair of Adidas for next season. Great price, CDN cash. Sweet!!. :D
Glad I could help. This guy is one of my customers when he isn't doing the coach thing, he makes money by building houses. He came in to the counter soon enough after hearing that someone was looking at wrestling boots for the old brain of mine to still say.... hmmmm if anyone would know where to buy he would! So I opened my big mouth.
Mikey

steve e

Post by steve e » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:56 pm

Do your regulations insist on leather boots? We have to be careful here in the UK that boots are up to spec. Leather/Suede boots mandatory , BUT I've been pulled up earlier this year for having laces. They were deemed to be a hazard after one came loose, and on boxing boots they are LONG laces. It was quite odd getting a grilling from the clerk of the course and actually agreeing with him that they could be dangerous, 2 foot of lace just waiting to get dragged into the rear sprocket at some point. I'd never thought of it til he said "Stephen, wear the other ones we don't think the laces are appropriate"

Yamahuh

Post by Yamahuh » Sun May 13, 2007 3:05 am

Aren't you guys worried about wearing through the toes too quickly?
Man, I've worn through a pair of street boots in one race just inadvertently dragging them off the back of the platform on a corner or two per lap.
It's really hard to take an angry man seriously when he's wearing a bathrobe..(Carl Fogarty)

George Brockie

wrestling boots

Post by George Brockie » Mon May 14, 2007 11:10 am

hi
mark the passenger of rigg # 14 just bought newwrestling boots & i think they were reasonably priced just ask him
George Brockie aka Oatmeal Savage

Joe-bot

Wrestling shoes or chuck taylors? Joking, right?

Post by Joe-bot » Mon May 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Can't see wrestling boots taking a hit if you get spit off.
Can't see your ankles living through a hit wearing them, either.
Can't see your toes lasting long if you drag a foot.

Save the nonsense about "it'll never happen"....in time, it will.

Call me crazy, but I like my feet...and the bones inside them, to come out clean if I get spit off.

Helmet
Leathers
Gloves
Sacraficial feet....makes sense, hmmm..........

just my $0.02
________
Vaporizer Manufacturer
Last edited by Joe-bot on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paul b

Post by paul b » Mon May 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Good thing I don't wear them. :D
Other then a sore ankle for a few days , no injury.
I swiched to a very plastic suported solo race boot(Nexus,$110 at Toronto bike show). Was hard to move around at first but after the first weekend I did not even notice the restriction in movement . If I had my soft boots that day in Ohio I would have lost a good part of my ankle.
Paul
Hang on for your Life.

limy_1

Post by limy_1 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:43 pm

I remember the excitment that was caused by you & Ewan that day.

I to wear solo race boots. Fortunatly other than draging a toe on occation I have not needed the extra protection.

On the otherhand I also wear
gloves with the carbonfiber knuckle protection. This I have used.
I would hate to imagine what would have happened if I wore something less.
Roger Preston
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles Schultz)

Sean Bakken

Post by Sean Bakken » Tue May 19, 2009 11:51 pm

limy_1 wrote:On the otherhand I also wear
gloves with the carbonfiber knuckle protection. This I have used.
I would hate to imagine what would have happened if I wore something less.
You would have left more then blood on my bike...

For my first years on the old Vintage I wore my Dr. Martins that held against the usual racing, bashing, rashing and trashing!
I'm not a fan of passengering with solo boots as the really limit movement and slide around, but I would never use boxing shoes. They are Not designed for impacts, dragging on asphalt at warp speeds nor do they offer any toe support. The soles flex to much for me to think they help keep your toe/foot from twisting backwards in an 80 mph accident?
I know some of our guys are wearing Alpine Stars, Oakley and Simpson driving shoes. They are made out of way heavier gauge leather and have some ankle and sole reinforcements. They are not armored like Solo boots, but they are far better then boxing shoes.

Saferacer has decent prices.
http://www.saferacer.com/auto-racing-shoes/?cat=55
Sean B.
Vice President of the SRA-West

sidecarzang

Post by sidecarzang » Wed May 20, 2009 12:03 pm

hi sean, what up with the west forum , is it down for good ?or is it just not open to non west member,s. might be a good time to start talking about a east, west race again. for next year. what do you think? cheers JG

sidecarzang

Post by sidecarzang » Wed May 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Forgot to mention that when I click onto your 'forum' - a 'critical error' message come up.
Can somebody send me a link to it? Maybe I can get on it that way.

Thanks!
Jean-Guy

limy_1

Post by limy_1 » Wed May 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Here you go....

http://sra-west.us/forum/viewforum.php

Critical error? Try fatal error. :roll:
Roger Preston
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles Schultz)

sidecarzang

Post by sidecarzang » Wed May 20, 2009 6:12 pm

came back as, this forum does not exist, any body else have an idea. JG.

limy_1

Post by limy_1 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:19 pm

Interesting, that is were I go now.
Did you try to bounce thru thier website to the forum?
Roger Preston