Mirrors, Yes Again!!

Got a technical question, need info, ask the experts
BrianBrama

Mirrors, Yes Again!!

Post by BrianBrama » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:29 pm

OK, I need help!
Hopper got me some fancy Italian mirrors that look great! I tried to mount them and all I can see are my knees!!!!!!!! So now I built a frame coming off the handle bar to hold a convex mirror, BUT it vibrates like hell and you can’t see anything!!!!!!!!
What kind of mirror is required to pass tech? Size? One or two mirrors? Left side or right side? If I mount them and they look good, but I can’t see anything, dose that still count? What kind of mirror systems are other people using? Any ideas here would help!!!
Thanks
Brian
:?

TT Racing

Post by TT Racing » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:57 am

Hi Brian,

I can't really help with the vintage bike since I'm not sure about fairing or chassis mounting points. The mirror was voted in as a " Safety issue" and therefore must be functional, i.e. you must be able to see behind you while you are in the riding position.

Search on the web for mirrors, there are many made in North America that would conform and are relatively cheap.

Keep in mind they must not be made of glass!

One mirror would be good and I would think that placing the mirror on the same side as the chair would make the most sense. That way you can see what your passenger is doing.

My mirrors are about 3 x 5 inches and seem to provide adequate rear view.

Good luck and see you soon.

Ewan