Tether Switches - Question for Jean Guy. :)

Got a technical question, need info, ask the experts
Steve F

Tether Switches - Question for Jean Guy. :)

Post by Steve F » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:27 pm

JG,

I have a question related to Tether Switches.

I have a tether switch which is normally open and closes when you separate it so it grounds out. I don't really want to use this type in the fear of "frying" anything. I am having a hard time finding one which is normally closed so that i can incorporate it into my kill switch. I believe you mentioned at the AGM that you have a supply of them, if so, would they be normally open or normally closed?

Thanks.

Steve.
Team Fletcher Rocks!

sidecarzang

Post by sidecarzang » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:39 am

Hello Steve;
I'll be getting my tether switches in a couple of weeks. Application depends on the make. It would be better to either cut yr power or hook it into yr ground system eg: yr kill switch. I'll know more when I get mine.
We might go for test day on the 18th or 19th April.
We can go over the tether systems on those days. I'll bring a few extra ones to test. This is new in our rules, so I see no problem with implementing this over the first couple of races. (kinda like a 'grace' period). Like anything else, people have to get used to it.
JG

Kyler

ATV Switches

Post by Kyler » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:17 pm

I needed a new kill switch for my MX hack and found that both types (normally open and normally closed) are available for ATVs and appear to be easily adapted for hacks.