2016 AGM

Normal discussions, questions and ideas
fabio

2016 AGM

Post by fabio » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi everyone,

With Russ having a lot on his plate I'm helping out with booking our AGM. The consensus at the track was November 19th would be the magical date and somewhere near Toronto area (yay me).

Since we are in my area I'll going to try and pull a favour to get our conference room free and prices on rooms lower than what we paid up in Gananoque. However I need to move fast on this as my contact already said conference and hotel rooms are booking up fast because of large company christmas parties.

So as soon as possible I'll need:

If you are coming to the AGM
If you need a hotel room(s)
If you are coming to dinner

Either post your answer here or email me at fabpetruccelli@gmail.com

Please no flip flopping - If you say you are coming or not coming please stick to it.

Thanks and stay tuned for more AGM info from Russ to follow

Fabio

Kyler

Re: 2016 AGM

Post by Kyler » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:10 am

can't make it. Once I see who is going, I'll designate my proxy to vote.

Bryan R

Post by Bryan R » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi Fabio,

Team RPM will be there, I'll be coming with Shelby and her boyfriend Coty, so we'll need a room. I also have a friend who would like to attend as he is seriously considering joining us on track next year and would like to get involved right away so he knows what to expect. He passengered with me back in 2004 and would like to drive a rig next year with his significant other. They'll need a room as well. Let us know when a venue is chosen and we'll book rooms etc. Synopsis, 2 rooms, 5 attending meeting and dinner.

Cheers,

Bryan
One good turn deserves another!

Bobby F

Post by Bobby F » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Hey Fab.

Stephen & I will be there. Hotel room needed and we will be attending dinner.

thanks
Bobby
Double Trouble - and remember - Happiness is a three wheel drift! :D :D

Bobby F

Post by Bobby F » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Bryan R wrote:Hi Fabio,

Team RPM will be there, I'll be coming with Shelby and her boyfriend Coty, so we'll need a room. I also have a friend who would like to attend as he is seriously considering joining us on track next year and would like to get involved right away so he knows what to expect. He passengered with me back in 2004 and would like to drive a rig next year with his significant other. They'll need a room as well. Let us know when a venue is chosen and we'll book rooms etc. Synopsis, 2 rooms, 5 attending meeting and dinner.

Cheers,

Bryan
Hey Bryan. don't forget to tell your friend that i have a great starter bike for sale. Pics are on the website. :cheers:
Double Trouble - and remember - Happiness is a three wheel drift! :D :D

Bryan R

Post by Bryan R » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Hey Bobby,

No worries, I already told him about it!

Cheers,
Bryan
One good turn deserves another!

FRAN HALL

Post by FRAN HALL » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Fab
I will be there needing a room and dinner too
Don't know about " the panther " though

fabio

Post by fabio » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:57 pm

FOLLOW UP ON AGM:

The hotel details have been finalized. The AGM will be at:

Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites conference center and spa
8500 warden ave
Markham, ON L6G 1A5

Price of the room is $139 plus tax

This year we will be serving lunch at the AGM. This was a necessary negotiation with my contact as if we cater lunch the hotel is giving us the conference room for free which saves the club $600. The price of lunch is $10 per person and will include soup of the day, salad, sandwiches, dessert, coffee and non-alcoholic beverages. I'll be putting the bill on my credit card so please make arrangements to give me $20 at some point.

We are still working on details for starting time of the agm. We might start at 12 and serve lunch from 1-2 or serve lunch at 12 and start at 1 but stay tuned. I'm still waiting to sign the contract so I'll have contact info for the hotel and what the reservation is under shortly.

Also still have to get dinner sorted but the pub across the street is looking like the best bet as long as they can accomodate.

If you haven't rsvp with me yet regarding agm and dinner please do so asap.

Fabio
Last edited by fabio on Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve F

Post by Steve F » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:31 pm

Thnkx ,, Fabio,, :cheers:
Team Fletcher Rocks!

fabio

Post by fabio » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:33 pm

URGENT FOLLOW UP ON AGM:

Due to costs we had to cancel our reservation at the Markham hotel. It would not have been feasible for the club as even with my contact we couldn't get the prices within reason for the club. So a new venue has been booked:

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington
37 Spicer Square
Bowmanville, ON L1C 5M2
(it's close to Mosport)

Meeting will be from 12-5 on November 19th and we will still be providing lunch to everyone at a cost of $10 per person.

I have rooms on reserve for everyone at $120/night however they are only available to us until November 8th as the tournament is being booked up by hockey teams as apparently there is a big tournament going on at the same time. Here are the details for booking the hotel:

SRA Link reservations are bookable online at http://www.hiexpress.com/bowmanvilleon until November 8th, 2017 at 11:59pm, using group code “SRA” or, by calling the hotel directly, at 1-877-697-8089. After November 8th, you will no longer be able to book online. Availability is not guaranteed past November 8th.

So for the love of god let people you know that are interested in attending to book a room before it gets full. Some of us aren't on the forums much so we need to send messages to everyone so we can get everyone sorted.

Thanks,

Fabio

Kyler

Post by Kyler » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:51 pm

I called Peter. He isn't going to the AGM.

Russ

Post by Russ » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:01 pm

Thanks for all you work on this Fabio.

I will be in attendance and I know Shaun and Gary will be as well