Logos for Sidecar results on ASRA/CCS website

Normal discussions, questions and ideas
Eric Kelcher

Logos for Sidecar results on ASRA/CCS website

Post by Eric Kelcher » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Hey guys I was getting all the info into the computer for the upcoming race and noticed that some of the machines are listed by the make of the frame some are listed by the powerplant.

I have logos for all the motorcycle manufacturers currently being raced to list next to rider/team's results. If you would like the make of the frame listed instead then I need to get some logos. If any of you have the logos for machines you compete with(or did, would like to or just for general database info) if you could email them to me at Eric.Kelcher@ccsracing.us I will get them in our database so they appear with your results on the CCS results page. If you don't have logo but have contact info for the maker I will do my best to track down a logo prior to this weekends races.

Sorry I am going to miss all of the Sidecar races this year, I really enjoy seeing you guys out there and wish I could get on a rig again.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS director of competition

Peter Essaff
Superside Board

Post by Peter Essaff » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi Eric,

You guys are great to us! Thank you for all your efforts.

Hope to see you next season,
Peter and TEAM
Sidecar Pete

Kyler

Post by Kyler » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:42 pm

I think that the motor MFG logo should be used. The bike frames in many cases are homemade.

2 cents please.

Ken

ChrisWells

Post by ChrisWells » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Hello Eric,

Many of the sidecar MFG do not have published logos.

The logos I'm aware of are:
#1 F2 MRE built in England by Mike Richards, logo can be found at http://www.mrequipe.net
#14 F1 & #375 P3 #24 F2 & #1 F1 (currently mothballed) CSR: I can't find a published version of the CSR logo anywhere but it is similar to the LCR logo with the letters changed from "LCR" to "CSR" and the country changed from "Switzerland" to "Canada". A sample of the LCR logo can be seen on the front page at http://www.steveenglish.com

MFGs with out logos (afaik):
#69 F1 & #13 F2 Baker - built in England by Tony Baker, no known website
#580 F1 BLR - the Scandinavian BLR (not Rod Bellas Racing in England which also goes by BLR)
#351 F2 Ireson - built in England by Trevor Ireson, no known website
#21 F1 Windle - built in England byTerry Windle (retired), D&D Engineering now hold rights, no known website
#36 F2 Shelborne - built in England
#9e P3 ? I don't remember if this is a one off but it was built in the USA (a long time ago ;-) )
#119 P3 ? no idea, we would have to ask Pierre

A lot of our chassis predate the Web (along with most of the chassis builders :roll: )

Chris
SRA VP