Why is everyone so Quiet???

Normal discussions, questions and ideas
Bobby F

Why is everyone so Quiet???

Post by Bobby F » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:46 am

Okay all you guys, so, race season is over, that doesn't mean to say that we all have to go dead quiet till next season :evil:

Come on, share with us all what you've been doing, what you are going to be doing over the winter months?? Anything exciting?? :wink: :wink:

Any nice exotic holidays planned in hot sunny locations???

Kim & Miles our new members to the SRA East, why not drop us a line or two, tell us a little bit about yourselves and what are your plans for racing next year??

The AGM is less than 3 weeks away, see you all then :D :D :D

Bobby :):)
Double Trouble - and remember - Happiness is a three wheel drift! :D :D

ChrisWells

Post by ChrisWells » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:55 am

Lets see...
Trying to ditch a stupid cold that has been hanging on for 23 days and counting.
Working about 55 hrs/wk to try and pay for last year.
Trying to figure out which trailer to buy (waiting for an email from trailer place)
Trying to figure out if I should buy tools to mount & balance my own tires (estimated cost to have it done at the tire shop next year ~$650).
Trying to track down some discontinued tires (two tire manufactures left in the world and Hoosier has to go and stop making the tire I want :evil: ).
Trying to figure out what size of compressor to buy.
Trying to figure out if I should fix or replace my chair wheel fairing.

Nope I'm not busy at all.

Major accomplishments since the last race:
Got the sidecar out to JG's place and he pronounced it NOT bent.
Unloaded trailer and got the sidecar up on saw horses in garage (quite a feat by yourself :!: )
Drained the oil and removed the wheels. (impressive huh? :roll: )

Also noticed that one could buy the 3rd place F1 from the BOB (with a pile of spares) for only 11,000 pounds. Hmmmm. Oops lost my focus for a minute. :lol:

Oh and there is a couple of inches of snow on the ground outside so I figure I should probably install my snow tires tomorrow. :?

See you at the AGM.

Brett Hansen

Post by Brett Hansen » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:56 pm

doing nothing
Brett Hansen

Bobby F

Post by Bobby F » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:12 pm

ChrisWells wrote:Lets see...
Trying to ditch a stupid cold that has been hanging on for 23 days and counting.

Trying to figure out if I should buy tools to mount & balance my own tires (estimated cost to have it done at the tire shop next year ~$650).

Trying to figure out if I should fix or replace my chair wheel fairing.

Nope I'm not busy at all.

Major accomplishments since the last race:
Got the sidecar out to JG's place and he pronounced it NOT bent.
Unloaded trailer and got the sidecar up on saw horses in garage (quite a feat by yourself :!: )
Drained the oil and removed the wheels. (impressive huh? :roll: )

Oh and there is a couple of inches of snow on the ground outside so I figure I should probably install my snow tires tomorrow. :?

See you at the AGM.
1. Try Buckley's, :shock: :shock: :shock: it really does work!!! (my motto is, if it doesn't cure you it will kill you, i can guarantee 100% of the time it gets rid of your cold!!)

2. Tire balancing at Canadian Tire is pretty reasonable. I only paid $40.00 for the last ones :D :D

3. We have no choice, but to repair the fairing on Stephen's bike :evil:

4. Unloading your trailer, Stephen does this all the time by himself, and he has 2 bikes to unload :!: :!: And he puts them both up on jacks to work on during the winter months :wink: :wink:

5. You can keep the snow at your end!!

See you at the AGM.

Bobby :):):)

Bobby F

Post by Bobby F » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Brett Hansen wrote:doing nothing
Brett, you're boring!!

Try taking Elliot for a walk, i'm sure she'll like chasing leaves :lol: :lol:

junior

Post by junior » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:25 pm

Anxiously awaiting someone to ask me to be a passenger. Anyone need more counter weight. I hope to be able to do some more racing next year? :D
wannabe full time f1 monkey
Wanted: F1 or F2 project bike.

craig

Post by craig » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:17 am

as gord mentioned,we had a gixer motor all lined up,moved some money around and...my truck died :( .replacement vehicle has to come out of my race budget so the sidecar will have to wait.DAMN!of course this means the spring will be a mad scramble but barr brothers racing is used to that! see you all at the agm.
craig
couldn'tkeep the rubber side down.thanks.

bfd

Post by bfd » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Don't forget the pictures Craig- and I don't mean a crayon drawing on a placemat :lol:

Bobby F

Post by Bobby F » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:45 pm

Oh NO. that's a bummer.

I'm quite sure though that you'll come up with something!!!

dwragg

attention barr bros

Post by dwragg » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:45 am

hey if you guys need a mill look me up . on the house , be a sponsored hoe

PDEMER48

retired

Post by PDEMER48 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:47 pm

well cold weather coming maybe only a few more days golf and then my spare money will run out. fun playing golf with the old guys mons anf thurs. so far with two outings with them made 60$ so winter cutting into my spare cash.
with winter coming no bike to work on will be slow here till end of jan when tax time starts. But looing forward to next summer sittig at tack goofing off, playing golf fri for sure , and squezzing a round on sat or sun.
will be hauling a small trailer to bring street bike to get around whn bored or want to go golf. see you all at meetting (and be ready fo me) and next summer.

pete

cor-blimey

Post by cor-blimey » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:07 pm

Cripes !

It looks like Pistol Pete's on the warpath .......

Time to circle the wagons I think !

Mick

Bobby F

Post by Bobby F » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm

OMG Pete, isn't that a shame that Golf is coming to an end :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll have to take up another hobby, try training those bears that visit you in your back yard :shock: :shock:

See you at the AGM (ps, did someone piss you off??)

See you soon.

Bobby :wink: :wink: :wink:

ChrisWells

Post by ChrisWells » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Common Pete, all you have to do is buy some of those bright orange golf balls and bundle up a little more. You're getting soft in your old age.

Hmmm, I wonder how full wets would perform in snow...?

Bobby F

Post by Bobby F » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:17 am

cor-blimey wrote:Cripes !

It looks like Pistol Pete's on the warpath ....... Time to circle the wagons I think ! Mick
If you don't know Pistol Pete, you should be able to spot him easily at the AGM.......................